Costume detachments explained
With almost 400 approvable costumes available to choose from in the 501st Legion costume reference library, detachments are used to categorise costume types and provide focused expertise advice.
Spread across 16 detachments, each group provides specialised support information, reference material and guidance, through dedicated, helpful forums. These communities of experts are an indispensable source of costuming knowledge.
Detachments are useful to help answer common questions, such as:
- Who are the various makers of armour and where can I find them?
- Who shouldn’t I buy from?
- How do I build this or that part?
- What does this acronym or term mean?
- Where’s the best place to source this or that part?
- I am looking for reference photos for my costume project. Can you help?
- I think my costume is finished. Is there anything I need to fix before I send it for approval?
Which detachment is responsible for what costume?
To help identify the detachment that can help you with your chosen costume, use the search on our detachments page and search for the character you want to build.
What about costumes for the Rebellion?
Rebel scum or a wand-waving Jedi is more to your taste? We recommend you visit our sister organisation, the Rebel Legion.